The Christmas Tree Saga

Today I traveled all the way down Kingston Pike with my wife looking for a Christmas tree. Finally, we found one. I have to say, we did a good job, but we were 10 minutes late for the start of the SEC Championship game. I was not happy, I was tired, and I had played some basketball this morning and twisted my ankle. As we got home all I wanted to do was watch the game, but my wife was very persistent on putting the tree up and start decorating. While I am excited about our first Christmas as a married pregnant couple, I am a dude...all I wanted to do was to watch the game. My anger overtook me and I got mad. I threw a fit, "Can't we just watch the game, geezzz! Anyway, I lost my cool and feel terrible about it, what a little thing to be angry about. Finally, I regrouped moved the furniture, watched the rest of the game with a beer and finished decorating the tree. As this baby grows in the belly of my wife, I can't help but think how much my life will change. Little things bother me now, in the future I am dedicated to just getting it done, so that I can watch football.

Tough day.

0 comments: